Hello visitor from the internet! What brings you here today? You've landed on a strange place that I call home, on the internet at least. This is where my ramblings are, such as the text you read now. You may also discover how to contact me on this page.
I contribute to Sugar, which is a desktop environment and collection of software for learners. I like how it has a coherent design and collaboration built into the desktop environment level. Also the journal is pretty cool. Sugar is also free software (GPLv2+).
I run Fedora GNU/Linux. Fedora is a nice, sensible distro that holds freedom close to heart. I also use GNOME 3 as my desktop environment, due to the simple, industry-leading design.
I edit with VIM. VIM needs no link as it is already installed on your Fedora machine. I am yet to fully understand the scripting functionality of VIM, and run without any scripts. However, I find it very ergonomic, which converted me from trusty GEdit.
One new and exciting design technique is multi-page site. It leverages no.js technology for fast navigation and accessibility. Here are some of these pages for you to enjoy:
- Writing Sugar Documentation with a Neural Network — What a terrible failure, probably?
- Dance - Sugar 0.110 — Better than GNOME?
- Gtk+ 3.22 theme support — Oh no, they kept it the same
- Liberating Presenter Club — Make great presentations, faster
- The End of Mako — Four years was too much to ask
- A Grow.io Introduction — Right now, we are in the world of the static site....
- Journal Project View - User Testing — Better result than last user testing!
- The Sea is Blue — Don't stare too long at the UIs of today
- Sugar With Instant Palettes — Palettes are fun, but what if they were faster
- Sugar Onboard - After user testing — User testing is great, my design skills aren't as great
- Sugar without a Homeview — Maybe just use the journal instead?
- ASLO-2 Post Mortem — How an ambitious project lacking focus failed, and the reflection that invoked
- Sugar Onboard Design — A popup based section to introduce users to Sugar
- Telepathy Top 10 Lists — Telepathy is a cool framework for real time...